My next stick is carved out of mahogany. It is unique in that it has moving parts! Using a principle I learned while carving crosses, I was able to carve this stick. I chose seven of the Judges of Israel. I would ask a question about the judge on the outside, then lift the lid and it will reveal the answer underneath. Listed below are the questions and answers I chose.
1) Who was the First Judge? Othniel (Judges 1 & 3)
2) Which Judge was Left-Handed? Ehud (Judges 3:15-30)
3) Which Judge was a Woman? Deborah (Judges 4 & 5)
4) Which Judge Blew a Trumpet? Gideon (Judges 6-8)
5) What Judge Sacrificed His Daughter? Jephthah (Judges 11-12)
6) Who was the Strong Judge? Samson (Judges 13-16)
7) Who was the Final Judge? Samuel (1 Samuel 1-16)
This stick took about two years to carve. I finished it early in the spring of 2005.
(click on photo to enlarge)
Photo above shows what
the Bible Stick looked like
before it was able to open